Add Reply
New Poll

An Honest Life As Any, Calling for characters!
USER ID-41 Magikarp I Magikarp
Magikarp
Force Sensitive:
Magikarp
user posted image
TL-1800 Freighter, Register 0004282-A: The Ash Star

The idea behind this little character get-together will be a small ship crew of civilians, in whatever form that comes, running a freight concern. Semi-shady, the work may involve some smuggling, and maybe some questionable cargo from time to time, but be it person, goods or otherwise, the Ash Star delivers to all comers.

The work's hard, the credits average and the food lousy, but for many, it's not like luxury was ever going to be in the cards, right?

The Ash Star is hardly a luxury freighter, either; space comes at a premium for the ship, with compact corridors and living quarters making privacy something of a rarity among its crew. Most notably, the only two people aboard with chambers bigger than their own beds are the Captain, and the Merchant. However, with a modestly sizeable common area for downtime and travel, there are places to stretch one's legs and wind down.

I'll be looking for folks to fill these slots! I'm very open to interpretation of characters, but there'll be some small factors that'll be predetermined. Nothing major, though, so we can certainly have a lot of varied ideas going.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain

The leader de facto of the Ash Star, and the owner of the vessel,
our Captain handles the operations necessary to keep their ship going. Job selection, organising the crew (not only assigning the cramped quarters but keeping order!) and potential hires are among the Captain's duties, and just how loose or strict those rules are, depends on you.

As the Captain, you're one of the two folks on the Ash Star that, really, has final say on things. The Ash Star, after all, is your vessel; you have a crew beneath you and contractors to think about, but the ship and the entire business itself is in your name. You don't need to be a leader, though, but it'd help. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Pilot: (Taken!) Aquilla Farron

Our navigator and helmsman, your job will be to guide the Ash Star to where it needs to go, the fastest and safest way possible, and potentially skirt the territories of those that might disagree with our line of work, if we get caught with our metaphorical trousers down. There's a lot of freedom here,
so feel free to have any sort of quirks you like.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Merchant (Taken!): Saryn Kre'tel

This guy provides the bulk of the Ash Star's 'secondary' income through direct sale of goods; when the Ash Star is contracted to travel, this guy sets up shop,nbuying and selling goods at each port to ensure a steady flow of credits comes aboard. He's invested a lot into the Ash Star's well-being, so has the Captain's ear in many things, which could be a point of contention or even suspicion to others if so inclined to query as to who's really giving the orders to who.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Weapons:

Every ship needs one of these guys, a gunner to handle defensive weapons aboard to fend off pirates, keep the guns maintained, etc. Like the pilot, the role's open, but don't be surprised if it's not just the starship guns you have to worry about.

Engineer:

Like the weapons officer, this guy will take care of the Ash Star's engines and keep it running, though don't be surprised if the role is rather flexible.
It can be as small, or as a big, a part of the character's life as you wish.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Medic:

Well, doctor, physician, you name it; the ship needs someone a bit more familiar with the medical side of things. After all, space travel means visiting a LOT of new lands and different locales, and combine that with all the different folks around Spaceports, and sickness can happen. And injuries go without saying; cargo hauling can lead to cargo dropping, after all...

Naturally, you'd want someone on hand who knows how to treat that; it does a crew no good to all be laid out with stuffy noses and headaches! This guy'll keep folks patched up and in the green healthwise; don't be surprised if this role can devolve, though. After all, doctors -do- have access to a lot of stuff folks would deem 'fun', and when that unfortunate crewman ends up with a case of something more embarrassing, well...You're the doc, doc...
Passengers (Temporary!):

Every now and then, the Ash Star's cargo might have a heartbeat. Wealthy runabouts, criminals, whatever your past is, you can hire the Ash Star, and whether or not you're open about it doesn't matter so much as your creds are good. Whether or not it's a smooth trip, well, who knows...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Any other input, feel free! <3
USER ID-30 Sabine Wren 21 I Rebel Alliance
Demolitions
Force Sensitive: No
Ollie
I was using strategy - it takes longer! quote
sheet
topics
ooc
send
This idea is super up my alley.

If you are interested, I may have a pilot in mind. She is kind of cocky and arrogant, former TIE pilot who got dishonourably discharged for doing the right thing. She's kind of playful, no matter what jerks she finds herself surrounded by.

Also: if anyone's thinking "I wanted to play a pilot, I hate Ollie forever," I have other ideas, so let me know. (But let me know sooner, rather than later, because I can put bios out fast)
Magikarp
Force Sensitive:
Magikarp
Hell yes. Feel free to, for sure. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif
USER ID-0 Solaine Clavette I
Force Sensitive:
Solaine could certainly be a temporary passenger, or maybe join them for a little while. She has too many other commitments to stay for a long time, but she's always looking to hire ships for transport.
Magikarp
Force Sensitive:
Magikarp
Sounds great! Don't see why not, and well, given what Solaine is, that could be fun indeed for certain folks aboard. >.>
USER ID-2 Kaden 28 I Turncoat Trash
Codi Master
Force Sensitive: I wish
Kaden
A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet. Or an arsehole.quote
sheet
topics
ooc
send
I have an interest in the weapons buddy, i'm not going to lie.
Hope you don't mind a giant alien that's beefy as fuck and loves super giant guns.
Signature

wowlololol
Magikarp
Force Sensitive:
Magikarp
Oh that just sounds terrible a-.

Of course, friendo! Let's see what you've got. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif
USER ID-47 Aquilla Farron 29 I Neutral
Pilot
Force Sensitive: No
Ollie
Okay, we have things plotting and kicking off right now. It would be fun to have someone young, soft and pleasant on the ship. Bonus points if their player is happy for them to get hurt. Emotionally or physically, I can go either way. Or both.

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll