Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

A Fresh Start, [Luke and Leia]
USER ID-17 Leia Organa 23 I Rebel Alliance
Senator / Rebel Agent
Force Sensitive: Yes
Apollo
"Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?"quote
sheet
topics
ooc
send
Leia Organa Princess of Alderaan
The Force... was mysterious. Especially to Leia Organa... soon to be Solo.

She hadn't ever truly believed in the Force, despite what Luke always could do with it, all the magical tricks and the luck that he seemed to just always have at his beck and call. The very nature of being a Jedi made him stand apart. But Leia was starting to see that whatever he had, she did too. The thought that it was the Force that told her Luke was alright, or where he was on Cloud City? It was both terrifying... and oddly comforting, like an old friend she'd always had, but never known.

She was just glad, too, that Han had been there to know that their friend was safe... and that they would be starting their lives together in peace and safety, all of them. The chance to have a life outside of the Rebellion loomed before her, and the very first step had been coming to grips with who she really was was the small piece of plastic and metal in her hand: her father's last recording, sent to Mon Mothma... for his daughter.

Yes, it involved finally watching the communication that her father sent the day her home planet had been destroyed. The loss of Alderaan still hurt her terribly, knowing that she and Bail hadn't really said goodbye... but maybe, this would be one way to let that ghost rest.

So, about an hour later, she'd stepped out of the small room that she'd witnessed the communication in... her eyes red, face tear-streaked and slightly puffy from crying. She'd loved her father as only a little girl who idolized him might, as Bail had been a hero in her eyes, even 'til the end. The very nature of the truth, that he'd known and wanted to protect her from what was her parentage.. it took her breath away. Would she have done anything differently if she'd known? Would she have ever wanted to be trained, as her father had been? Or had her life been already laid out for her, in the footsteps of her mother?

The very nature of seeing her father in that holovid reminded her of her place in the Rebellion. She had a feeling he would have been proud... though probably not quite approving of the way things went.

Shaking her head of those thoughts, her feet carried her through The Falcon without thinking... until she entered through one door, its swishing-open exhibiting the form of her brother. All thoughts of planets and Rebellions and the past swept away... to make her smile at one simple thought: he was her family. She finally had someone to understand what was lost, and what the future might hold.

"Luke," she began quietly, knowing she was breaking him from some sort of deep thought, or trance... and her voice was apologetic for all that. There was so much to do, so much to say... and she didn't know where to begin. But... then it occurred to her... that maybe it was so much easier than she might've realized. "I had a feeling I could find you here," she told him softly, with a hint of humour curling her lips upward. With that, Leia moved closer to sit beside him, her eyes locked on her brother's face in profile. "Heading off again soon?"

Gonna be feelsy! LOTS OF WORDS Luke Skywalker
USER ID-32 Luke Skywalker 23 I Rebellion
Jedi
Kardia
I'm Luke Skywalker, I'm here to rescue you!quote
sheet
topics
ooc
send

A Fresh Start

There was a balance now—and everything was perfectly clear for the first time. The war was almost over, outside of branches of the Empire that still loomed in the Galaxy. They would carry on until they were eradicated or turned into the New Republic. For Luke, there was true balance. His role was finished in the war. He’d fulfilled his duty and turned Anakin Skywalker back to the light side of the force. In his last act his father had helped him and destroyed the Emperor. Despite everything that Darth Vader had done in the Galaxy, Anakin was at peace. He’d become one with the force like countless Jedi before him. What made Luke the happiest was that he was with Ben and Yoda. There was peace in the Galaxy; now Luke had to play a part in maintaining that peace.

While the Rebellion, and the growing New Republic worked to vanquish the remnants of the Empire, Luke kept to himself. There was a lot of meditation in the week that passed. Thought, discussion with voices of the past. He was very aware that his Leia and Han were to be married soon. For his friends he was entirely happy. Though Luke had known her as his sister for a very short time, he’d always had a connection to her. One that he hadn’t been able to explain until Yoda told him the truth. Now he felt a connection to her—a family connection that he’d been missing his entire life. There was another Skywalker. One that loved him. One that understood him.

One that was walking a different path, and Luke respected that. Leia would never become a Jedi. Not unless it was something she truly wanted—which he could tell it wasn’t. Despite her strength in the force, Luke would let it be.

He was in a light meditation when Leia entered the falcon. Luke had found a balance of allowing her presence to be cloaked from him unless it was needed—her emotions were high, but recently for positive things. Love. Balance. Peace. Today, she’d broken through the respectful barrier he’d put on himself. These emotions were new, but it wasn’t conflict. Whatever was happening with his sister was very personal, and he held nothing against her as she woke him from his meditation.

His room on the ship was simple, yet elegant. Tidy, with very few belongings. It was the perfect place to get away from everything, and Han didn't mind. He pushed himself from the light cushion he’d been kneeling on, full focus on Leia. Luke knew immediately that she hadn’t come to ask about his next trip.

Luke softened his expression and lightly approached his sister. ”Soon, but not today,” it was a small assurance as Luke stopped in front of her. Today, Leia had his undivided attention and love. Without uttering a word he could feel her emotions. Confusion. Slowly, he brought his palms up; softly holding onto her shoulders.

”But that’s not why you’re here,” he’d sensed it before Leia even entered the room. ”You’ve been crying. What’s troubling you?” with genuine care, one hand reached up; gently caressing the side of her face.

Leia Organa | ty ek
Senator / Rebel Agent
Apollo
sheet
topics
ooc
send
If there was one person in all the Galaxy that understood the roiling emotions that Leia was dealing with... she knew that person was Luke. Family, after all, was something that no one dealt with easily, least of all a Skywalker. Now that she knew who she really was... perhaps it was time to embrace it, truly... even if she didn't truly understand what path to take, entirely.

Sure, she loved Han, she respected him... but he didn't likely get the pull she felt sometimes to see the New Republic to its full potential, and she had a feeling he'd definitely not understand her interest in some Jedi training... enough to handle some small measure of the gifts she'd inherited from her father. She knew Luke would provide this training, if she asked for it. Would she regret it, if she didn't?

With her adopted father's words still reverberating through her ears, mentioning family, duty, honour... she knew that there was only one person to ask about it. Bail, of course, would have likely been a stalwart defender of whatever she wished... but he was long gone. Never in all the years since her homeworld died... had she wished for her father to be there, before her. She could do with his strong arms around her, and his comforting voice in her ear.

But it was when she felt that presence before her, another set of heartbeats so closely matching her own, did she realize that maybe what she needed was the other family she'd been given. A gift, of an entirely different sort.

Stepping into his room, despite not asking... Leia waited until he stood and approached before she spoke again, his face, so recently lined with new cares, making him appear older, suddenly. "Good. Even the brave Jedi needs time to get used to this strange new world we've been thrust into," she admitted without hesitation, glad that he might find some rest aboard the Falcon, considering it was her home, and refuge. And in a few day's time, the transport she would be living on, full-time, with her husband.

She had a feeling that Luke might not even be there to give her away, but... perhaps it was for the best. He had a different path... and one that she knew he needed to tread before he could really find the same peace she had.

It was when his hands settled on her shoulders did she look up and into his face for the first time since entering his room, having tried to hide the way that the holovid from her father made her feel. Indeed, she still felt raw, like a wound just scraped clean, and exposed. She froze a little for what he asked, her eyes narrowing a little as she cocked her head to the side, debating words to say that would answer him as she liked.... but then decided on the truth.

Pulling away from his hold, her arms crossed tightly over her chest and stomach, she walked slightly to the window that faced one side, her eyes peering out, but not seeing. "Yes, I was crying, but... they were bittersweet tears." Instead of focusing on the pain of the loss, she was thinking about what her father said, so Luke might understand.

"See, before Alderaan was destroyed, my father... the man who raised me," she conceded with a pause, turning to look over her shoulder at Luke, before facing the window once more. "He recorded a message for me, even as the Death Star prepared to fire on my people. In this message... he explained everything, including... our parentage. And mentioned you," she added quietly, shaking her head faintly and then glanced down at her crossed arms that still wound around herself as if to keep herself together. "He wanted me to save the Rebellion... with your help, and that of Kenobi."

Even more reason to be proud... she'd adhered to her father's last wish.

With that thought, she turned to face Luke, her eyes set on her brother. "I don't know if you know this, but the day I was captured on the Tantive, I was on the way to Tatooine. To find Kenobi... and to find you, though I didn't know it yet. It was my father's wish... that we be reunited. Perhaps, even trained," she told her and then smiled faintly. "So I think it's a forgone conclusion that your time with us isn't quite over yet, farm boy. That is, if you don't mind having your first student, already."

HERE WE GO Lots of words For Luke Skywalker
Jedi
Kardia
sheet
topics
ooc
send

A Fresh Start

Luke didn’t draw conclusions as to what had been troubling his sister. He’d allow the force to guide him, but the answers would have to come from Leia. If she had taken the time to talk to him, than it had to be something that involved both of them. She’d only known about the truth for a short time, yet it felt as if they’d always shared a sibling bond. A love and care for another that was natural, and now both of them understood why. Both of them were still adjusting to everything, but had accepted it. Now his sister was coming to him and he could sense that she’d been troubled. Comforting hands reached out to hold her face before she moved out of his touch and reach. At first it concerned the Jedi; was she angry with him?

No, Leia just needed the space before she revealed that the tears had been bittersweet. As soon as she mentioned her father—her adoptive one, Luke stepped forward, face softened. She had his complete attention. Every word that left her mouth was absorbed and he listened. The revelation proved that there were still answers in the Galaxy that needed to be solved. This also proved that they were never meant to stay separated. Obi-Wan hadn’t told him the truth due to the situation, and things had happened so quickly. Both of them had been meant to be trained, but the path had only taken Luke. It was warming, that their destinies had always been connected. The people closest to them never wanted them to stay separated; only to be kept safe until they were strong enough to beat Vader.

There was another piece of information—one that made the events of their connection clearer. Leia had been on a mission to find Obi-Wan. Ben had been with him and watched over him for decades, yet he didn’t uncover the truth and specifics until he found his hut and journals on Tatooine. Ben had dedicated himself to watching over the son of a man he’d considered a brother, Anakin Skywalker. To protect the future of the Galaxy.

“That helps. It makes things clearer. We were always meant to find each other again, Leia.” A warm smile found his face as the Jedi stepped closer. There was more he had to share on his end as well. Her adoptive father had wanted her to know the truth about her father—but it was missing a very important piece.

The last act of Anakin's life.

As for training Leia, Luke kept the smile on his face. “When the time comes, and it is a path you truly wish to follow, I will teach you everything I know,” it was sincere. Genuine—but it had to be the right path. Yoda had insisted at first that Luke was too old to begin training. Apparently, the Jedi of old had been trained very young. He was a very special case.

There was more he had to share, and he stepped closer once again; reaching out to hold her hand with both his gloved, and flesh hand. “There’s more you should know. About our father.” Blue hues found her gaze—hopeful that Leia would be open-minded enough to listen.

Leia Organa | ty ek

Senator / Rebel Agent
Apollo
sheet
topics
ooc
send
Leia knew without glancing back at Luke that he'd understood why she'd mentioned what she had... and why she'd come to him with it. Sure, she could have gone to Han for comfort, and might indeed, later. What she needed in that moment wasn't to forget, but to remember what it was that brought her where she was... and that included Bail and Breha. The thought that she'd been loved, terribly... wasn't forgotten. The family she lost was always there, in the back of her mind.

It was nice to think that Luke cared... because she knew it had to be hard for him, considering she'd been adopted and loved from the moment she'd been given to the Organas. Did he sometimes feel jealousy, that she'd been given to the man who'd been best friends with their mother? That she'd been raised in luxury, made a princess?

Turning back to look at her brother, Leia knew.. it wasn't the case. The Jedi path was his, and it had been his past that gave him the wherewithal to take the first steps, when they'd been set before him. Would she have wanted the same thing, back then? No, she could answer that easily. Back when they first met, she was more about helping free the galaxy from tyranny, of being the very public face of a Rebellion that needed her.

Times changed, though.

So, having said her peace, letting her know why she was emotional and tear-stained, she just remained where she was, watching Luke for a moment, her smile soft, yet still clouded by the tears she'd shed moments before coming to see Luke. Blinking them away, she simply nodded at him, her eyes clear once more. "We were, even when we didn't quite realize that the other one was out there," she began and then sighed. "My father was so insistent that I get to Tatooine, you know. I almost did, too. But for Vader," she mused, shaking her head as she pondered the idea of it. Her very own biological father was the reason she hadn't learned the truth before now. Ironic, really.

Now she would have to protect that part of herself, because she would never allow anyone to know she was the daughter of Darth Vader. Her political career would be over in seconds, and she knew it. She still had too much to do, still so much to gain with the New Republic... so it would have to be a carefully guarded secret. She had a feeling that Han was still reeling from that bit of news... and from the plain and simple fact that Luke, their friends... was her brother all along.

See? The Force was a mysterious thing. It brought them back together.

Yet, when her brother went on, she just paused a moment, hand going to her hip to shoot him one of her more faintly chiding looks... especially because of that smile he wore. Maybe he thought that she wasn't ready? She'd show him. "No, Luke. It's not about some vague future: I want you to train me. Sooner rather than later, all things considered," she said and just stood there a moment, watching her brother. The things that endeared him to her, they were sometimes the very same things that frustrated her. She could only imagine that being related all this time, it was always waiting, underneath the surface, biding its time. They were family, after all.

"I don't want to be a liability... for you, or Han. Besides, I've never hesitated with anything else important before... and I won't start here." Because the idea that she could do something, cause some catastrophe? That was the last thing she wanted.

She was about to go on, but he mentioned something she needed to know. Gripping his hand a little, her eyes fell to his fingers, wrapping her smaller, paler ones in his. Tossing him a look of confusion, she simply stepped closer, head tilted to the side in silent question. "What is it?" she asked after a beat, her expression still confused, still full of doubt. "Is there something you're not telling me?"

HERE WE GO Lots of words For Luke Skywalker
Jedi
Kardia
sheet
topics
ooc
send

A Fresh Start

Leia was insistent that she be trained. She didn’t enjoy the vague patience that Jedi seemed to enjoy, and he’d make note of that. There was a lot for him to discover, though—before he could actually consider training anyone. If there was anyone that he trusted himself with first and foremost to test his teaching ability, it was his sister. She came from the same blood and background as him. Their father had been one of the most powerful Jedi in the Galaxy—not Vader. That wasn’t the man who’d saved them. Everyone. Anakin Skywalker was the man that Luke, and he hoped Leia would eventually accept as a man who’d had his demons, but was more good than evil. As she challenged him on the vague future, Luke forced a small, quiet smile. She was still stubborn, and without a filter. His sister spoke her mind; it was a quality he’d never forget—though he’d learned that Jedi had a quality of patience and peace.

“Leia you’ve never been a liability to anyone. You’re already one of the strongest people I know. Ask Han—I’m sure he doesn’t enjoy ever being on your bad side,” it was a slight bit of humor to support his claim. Training Leia in the ways of the force meant that he would be passing on a legacy. Potentially a new generation of Jedi. He was only a week removed from redeeming his father, and in guidance from Jedi echoes of the past he was planning his next move. “When it’s time, I’ll teach you. I’m still discovering new truths and secrets about the force. A Jedi’s education never stops, Leia. I’m still learning.” He hoped that she understood that fact; if Luke was ever going to train her, he wanted to have full confidence in himself and his ability. They needed time to adjust. To all of it. Their new life. Balance. The force.

He wanted her to know a more important truth about their father, and this was his chance to tell her. As she neared and gently grasped his hand, Luke stepped in—chin lowering, as he made an attempt to find words. His face softened, as he always did when he was preparing to discuss an important subject.

“It’s something I haven’t shared with anyone since facing him.” His blue hues finally met Leia’s gaze at him—she’d know he meant Vader. There had been a celebration after they destroyed the second Death Star, but he’d been quiet in his return and the details about what happened. It had taken him this long to process it. “He wanted me to tell you,” he paused, talking about their father—Anakin Skywalker, not the evil that had taken over his being Darth Vader. “That I was right about him. There was good in our father, Leia. At the end he turned back to the good side. He destroyed the Emperor when I refused to join him.” A small smile tugged at his lip at the memory.

He still recalled feeling the moment that Anakin Skywalker returned, and how proud he'd been of his father. “They could have destroyed me, but our father didn’t allow it. He saved me—he saved all of us, and in doing so sacrificed himself.” His digits continued to hold hers as he held onto every word very carefully. “Anakin Skywalker, our father,” Luke ensured that she held onto every word; making a point to separate Vader, from Anakin. “Wanted you to know that he wasn’t a monster in his last breath.” The Jedi’s facial expression softened as he still held her hand.

It wouldn’t be easy—but Luke hoped that in time, Leia would come to accept that Anakin wasn’t Vader, and that she could separate the two beings.

Leia Organa | ty ek

Senator / Rebel Agent
Apollo
sheet
topics
ooc
send
Leia had a feeling that no matter what... she and Luke would always be different enough to make things interesting for everyone around them. He was patient, far more than anyone else she'd ever met. She... wasn't. She liked action, jumping into a situation and handling it, so that it could be put behind them and they could move on. More than that, she knew her mind... and having some power, without knowing how to really use it... was a waste of her resources. Why would she ever half-ass something when she could use it for the safety and security of everyone she knew and cared for?

Yes, Han included.

Smirking a little for the thought, she eyed her brother a moment, before turning away, having rolled her eyes with good humour. "Oh he really doesn't like being on my bad side, but it's for more reasons than I'm comfortable telling you about," she told him without a hint of shame, before going on. "But no, it's not about strength, it's about having all the information I could possibly have... because whatever these powers are, they were given to us for a reason. For me, it's less about the legacy, but more about understanding who I am. If this is a part of me, it's about time I faced it, don't you think?" And besides, she might still have issues with coming to terms with her real parentage, but... it was there, in the back of her mind. She'd face it... perhaps during training.

But in the moment, she nodded at her brother as he admitted he would teach her, and she just offered him a smile in return, glad that she'd won that little battle. "Good," she said and then chuckled. "You should keep learning, because I'm sure that I'm not going to make things easy for you. 'Sides, the more you teach me, the better the chance I'll be able to kick your ass," she added with a little smug smile. Yeah, she was really looking forward to that, though using a lightsaber felt weird. That had always been Luke's weapon, no one else's.

Well, Vader's. No, she wouldn't think about that.

Yet... as they moved closer and talked in more quiet tones, the humour that had been on Leia's face dropped away. She could tell that there was something he wanted to say, and she wasn't about to stop him. Indeed, he looked like he was struggling to find the right words... and she took a moment to squeeze his hand, knowing that any little encouragement might help. It'd been the way her parents raised her... and she wasn't about to keep someone else from finding their voice.

So... when Luke began to speak, she stood silent, just watching him... because she knew that he was talking about Vader... about the man who'd been their father. To her, she was still having a hard time differentiating the man he'd been during his Jedi days.. from the monster she'd witnessed all too many times during her lifetime. She would never forget hearing his mechanical breathing in those harsh seconds after she'd watched her homeworld be destroyed... and knowing that he'd never thought to stop Tarkin... yeah. She wasn't about to be too forgiving, just yet.

But she remained silent during her brother's explanation of those final moments between father and son. Her eyes shown just how much she wanted to believe what Luke was saying, but she had enough brutality at the hands of the Empire, and indeed, from Vader himself... that she couldn't let go of it... at least, not yet. She'd only known that Vader was her father for a week. Or... at least the man he'd been before encased in that suit.

She still remembered talking to her father about Vader, and even right then, she was having a hard time even considering that the being inside that suit had been a man. He'd been callous, and cold. Cruel. But if Luke was right, and he'd had a change of heart, even at the very end, she couldn't dismiss that.

That was why Leia finally spoke up... when Luke quieted. "I guess I should be thankful that you helped him see reason or we'd all be dead," she said cautiously, her eyes narrowed a little on her brother. If nothing else, Vader's actions had killed the Emperor, who'd held the galaxy in an iron grip of fear. Now? They had a chance to be free... and perhaps Anakin should be thanked. She just wasn't there yet... the two men were separate identities to her mind, and would likely remain that way for some time.

"Look," she said, loosening her stance after a moment to squeeze Luke's hand, before letting go to take a step back. It was moments like this where she couldn't stay still, and indeed, right then? Leia began to pace. "It's noble that you saved him, and in turn, our father saved us. I get that. But... I can't forget all the harm he did as Vader..." She just sighed, pinning her brother with a look. "He was a monster, Luke. I can't forget everything he did while in service to the Emperor. He tortured me, on the Death Star. He wanted to know what we knew, and... Alderaan paid the price. It's why I can't just forget..." she reminded him after a moment. "I could forgive... eventually, but..." she just stopped pacing a moment to hang her head. "Anakin Skywalker may have been our father, and saved us, in the end... but I worry that it's his role as Vader that's coloured our lives."

With that, she turned her head to look over her shoulder at Luke, with very real regret in her eyes. She knew that eventually, she'd come to the point he was at... but... considering it was all still so fresh? She wasn't there yet. "I will get there, perhaps. Maybe. I... just need time."

She knew without a doubt that he wanted her to see what he saw, when it came to Anakin, but... she had her own memories and they couldn't be forgotten. "Everyone has suffered for too long, Luke. This is a fresh start... with just those willing to operate in the light." Turning back to him fully, she stayed where she was, looking as regal as ever, even if she was dressed in the rumpled Rebel jumpsuit that she kept on the Falcon. "If there are more Jedi in the galaxy, maybe we could fix what our father destroyed. That is the very thing we need... a spark that keeps hope alive."

And perhaps... she and Luke could be just the beginning.

Yep, these Skywalkers. They hold a grudge, man. LOTS OF WORDS Luke Skywalker
Jedi
Kardia
sheet
topics
ooc
send

A Fresh Start

Luke didn’t expect the transition in thought process to be easy for Leia. When it came to dealing with conflict, both of them had different approaches. Now that she knew that Anakin had been her father, things got even more complicated. He couldn’t make the facts any easier but he could offer perspective. That was one of the lessons that both Yoda and Obi-Wan had taught him. Your own points of view impact your perspective greatly. Luke chose to forgive Anakin for his mistakes—because it wasn’t his father that did so much evil in the Galaxy. No, that was Darth Vader. The presence that took over their father and tortured Anakin from within for decades. It was only in his last moments that his father finally broke through and saved them all.

The force worked in mysterious ways—and there was still so much more to learn and take away from it. Leia had only known about her Skywalker parentage for a short time, and Luke was overjoyed that she’d taken to it. She was already bringing up a new generation of Jedi, and even wanting to be trained. While eager as he once was, Leia still had a lot to learn. She’d grown up as a fighter and politician while the Jedi had very different practices. He understood her perspective and the difficulty that came with accepting everything that Luke had just said. Not once did an expression of anger or disappointment find Luke’s face as his sister spoke, and finished. No, he it held respect and understanding. Time healed wounds—some more than others.

“All I ask is that you give it time, Leia,” once again he was calm. Soft. While her gaze and presence was sharp and firm, Luke was caring and patient. “Vader was the evil—not Anakin. I hope in time that you’ll come to separate the two. I know this is a lot to bear with everything changing so suddenly.” An arm reached up and gently grasped her shoulder—empathizing with her. She’d learned so much in the last week, and balancing that alongside her relationship with Han was probably difficult. He did lend a thought to her final statement; giving it a small moment of thought.

More Jedi would help maintain the peace and order they’d established across the Galaxy. The New Republic’s work also wasn’t finished yet.

“More Jedi,” a small nod came after—digits gently rubbing into his sisters shoulder. By the old standard, Jedi would help the new Republic just as they did the old. With that though came the same weaknesses. It would take some thought. Meditation. Focus. He wanted to help Leia understand the power that she had within her; that was something he vowed to help her with. “One day. Soon you’ll learn everything I’m capable of teaching.”

At the same time, the Jedi weren’t needed to keep the spark alive.

“..but you don’t need that to keep hope alive, Leia,” a small, warm smile tugged at the corner of his lips; blue hues meeting her gaze with the consistent softness he’d held the entire time. “You’ve already given it to the people with your passion. You’re a phenomenal leader, Leia. You’ve given the Galaxy the chance to be better. That’s the only spark it needs.”

Leia Organa | ty ek

Senator / Rebel Agent
Apollo
sheet
topics
ooc
send
She had a feeling that Luke wanted her to forgive and forget... but what he was forgetting was that Leia was no Jedi. She didn't have to feel that goodness that he did, that all the forgetting in the world wouldn't allow her to put to the past what Darth Vader had done to her and her people. He'd been instrumental in the most terrible moment of her life... and she wasn't about to forget that. Forgiveness... was asking a little too much.

Indeed, the man she thought of as her father, now and very likely forever, was the man who raised her... Bail. He'd been a good man, a strong and noble person, who used his position in society to help others, to protect many worlds... and died for it. What had Vader done? Turned, at the last minute, and killed a psychotic despot? Leia wasn't moved. and it showed with the way she turned to look at her brother, her expression stoic because she didn't see a difference between Darth Vader... and the man who Luke seemed to hold to a higher regard.

To Leia... Anakin Skywalker was just another name for a man in a mask.

Still, she did want to be trained, so she knew that holding onto grudges might go against everything that Luke and the Jedi who'd taught him, adhered to. Didn't mean she would put it aside. She'd been a diplomat for years... and she knew how to work a room. If she needed to, she could control herself. After all, at sixteen... she'd gone toe-to-toe with Tarkin. She could handle just about anything thrown her way.

Still, Luke spoke about time, and she just inhaled once, letting out the breath she was holding on a sigh. The touch of Luke's hand on her shoulder was firm, but the steel in Leia's voice was firmer. "That's all I can promise, Luke. I won't lie to you, but I can't promise that it will change, either. Regardless of what you call him, you can't expect me to just put aside how I feel, simply because you tell me he was our father. My experience is different from yours," she reminded him with a frown, her eyes on his, steady and unrelenting. "What I can promise is that I will be by your side, helping you. The family we have now is strong... and can only get stronger in time."

Especially since she and Han were married, and knowing the two of them, children would follow. Would they be gifted too, like Luke? Or would they be like their father? She almost hoped for the latter... considering the dangers Luke had already faced.

Still, she said nothing about that, and instead, listened to her brother speak about the Jedi, her eyes settled on his face a moment before she sighed and slipped out of Luke's hold on her arm, the same need for action making her pace a little in thought. She already made her way from one window to the next before she paused at one, glancing out at the stars, her hand resting on the pitted metal of the Falcon's interior while she watched the streak of stars in hyperspace.

It was only when he quieted did she turn back to look at him, a new resolute look to her face. "We are at the cusp of a new world here, Luke... and sure, I might have been a part of it, but I'm not the leader because I wanted power. I did what my father raised me to do: help." With that, she eyed the interior of the Falcon, knowing as she did that this was going to be her home for a while, with Han. Honestly, she was looking forward to it... more than she could say. Life... a normal life.

With that thought, she turned back to look at Luke with a little nod. "If anyone should lead this New Republic, Luke, it's Mon Mothma. She's been there, leading the Alliance since I was sixteen years old. It is time that perhaps I took my place... elsewhere. The people need us... all of us. Even one Jedi who thinks he still has a lot to learn," she added with a hint of a smirk that suddenly overtook her face, making her look playful... cheeky... and entirely like their father.

"The sooner you teach me, the less you'll have to do. Or are you afraid I'll beat you?" she asked him after a beat, one brow raised high, lips upturned in an even more cheeky grin.

Jedi
Kardia
sheet
topics
ooc
send

A Fresh Start

He didn’t comment on their father again. There was little reason to push his ideology into her mind. Leia agreed to give it time, and that’s all Luke asked for.

Luke truly wasn’t ready to make a decision in finding a place in the New Republic—once the remnants of the Empire seized to exist. He was more concerned with listening to the force and doing as it willed. There was a possibility that there was no place for him in the new Galaxy. There was a chance that he would be destined to be an outsider and study the force and train a new generation of Jedi. He was aware of how the Republic before the Empire was run. There had been a council of Jedi and they were held in very high standard. Rebuilding that would be a life’s work. It would be finding others that were adept in the ways of the force like him and Leia. There wasn’t a rulebook or any kind of text that revealed the proper way to teach someone.

Leia was eager to learn about the new power that she’d discovered she had within herself. He didn’t expect her to change as a person. It wasn’t that easy. Everything with the Skywalkers was an exception, or so he’d learned. Luke had apparently been too old to train. His father too loving. Leia was stubborn and impatient, but perfectly capable of learning. These were the difficulties he had to consider. He was concerned that the change would be too abrupt for his sister. There was an ideology of being a Jedi. It was a way of life, not a power—that was something that he had to ensure that she understood. While being a Jedi in the ways of the old had aspects of being a Politician, there was no predicting what role Jedi would have in a new Galaxy.

“I was eager to learn too,” a reflective chuckle left Luke as he stepped forward, closing some of the distance that Leia had put between them. “My training was not easy, Leia. I’ve learned that the life of a Jedi is very different than I imagined. You’ve been with me through the difficulty of it. You were there when I struggled. I realize now that it’s not the life for everyone. Being a Jedi means dedicating your life to the force.” It was sincere and a small first lesson. “In many ways I’m still learning the force. It guides me, and I have to trust it. Nothing I’ve ever done could have been done without the force.” There was a lightheartedness in his tone. He was being candid in the fact that being a Jedi wasn’t always fun. Sometimes there wasn’t a lot of room for independence. “If we want to consider bringing a new generation of Jedi into the Galaxy, I need to feel confident in what I’m teaching these students—because there are dangers that come with the force. Our father is the biggest lesson in that.” Shortcuts were a concern—in the easy path. The dark side. He was perfectly aware of the threat it presented.

“All I’m asking, much like you’ve asked—is time. Perspective is important in everything,” a small smirk tugged at the corner of his lips as Luke paused, blue hues twinkling. “Patience is important among the Jedi, Leia. You’ll have to get used to that if you ever want to be one.” It was a playful, but honest jest.

Leia Organa | ty ek

Senator / Rebel Agent
Apollo
sheet
topics
ooc
send
Honestly, Leia was glad that Luke dropped the discussion about their biological father.. because she knew her mind, and she knew it wasn't likely to change, anytime soon. Time or not... that wouldn't be the issue. The change would have to come from within... and the more Luke would push, the more she'd push back.

Despite it all, this stubbornness proves she was definitely her father's daughter.

In the moment, though, she was more concerned with the fate of the galaxy, than some moment in the future that wasn't likely to happen. Training would likely happen, though she was self-aware enough to know that when the time came, she'd have to make a choice, whether to do as her adoptive father wished and help the galaxy in the Senate... or be a Jedi. She had a feeling she already knew what choice she'd make... but she wanted to know more about who she was, really, deep down... and Luke's training would help with that.

That was why, his asking her to be patient raked her nerves raw.

Instead of saying anything aloud, though, she took a moment to sit back down, her eyes still on her brother as he spoke of his own haste to learn everything that Obi-Wan could have taught him. To think, she could have been trained from the same age as her brother... she thought, and knowing Leia's own mind, she couldn't help the smirk from lifting her lips at the thought, too, that she likely would have outstripped him. He held back... he was holding back, even now. What was he worried about? That she'd turn to the Dark Side like Anakin? She was smarter than that...

It was why she spoke up after a moment. "I know, Luke. Nothing good is ever easy, but you're talking as if I've never known real hardship or was forced to be patient. I mean, tell me what part of my life has been that simple?" she asked him after a moment, knowing that he might only have thought the upbringing she had was... well, carefree and opulent. Sure, being a Princess had its upside, but she had always been raised to be practical and realistic, and she'd been a Rebel since she was sixteen years old, hiding things from even the most eagle-eyed Imperials, like Tarkin. Anything else would have never prepared her for the life she'd led since the Rebellion started. "The thing is: you need to realize that I've been using the Force all this time., all without knowing. I mean, it's helped me in little ways that... well, you can't know, because I've never said anything to anyone..." Except Han, but... well, that was the nature of their lives together. Secrets could undo them.

She would have died many times over, but for her gifts, and she knew it.

"Look," she said, letting out a sigh while cocking her head to the side. "I can give you time, but it can't be forever. Sooner or later, I will have to join the others in rebuilding a New Republic, and once that happens, I will be forced to make a choice. That choice... might not be to stay hidden away with you while you train me. The people need me, and while I need to know this part of myself, I can't shut myself off from those who've depended on me all this time." Like Han, Mon Mothma. Akbar. She knew that turning her back on them now... they might never understand, and she would feel selfish, besides. She didn't need to taint her lessons with that kind of feeling.

"Besides, being a Jedi means being able to help the galaxy in any way you can. You can be a diplomat, an ambassador..." she told him quietly, pointedly, and then slowly smirked. "I am a fan of history, Luke. My father taught me that the Jedi were there to lend aid where it was needed, a bastion of peace. What better time to remind the galaxy of that... than now?"

Jedi
Kardia
sheet
topics
ooc
send

A Fresh Start

It was difficult for Leia to understand his perspective after everything that she’d been through. Luke didn’t fault his sister for that, either. She only knew and felt what the force wanted her to feel, and if she felt so strongly about being trained—than why was he hesitant? Fear? Uncertainty? He felt guilty in the fact that he didn’t have a clear answer for himself. When the force came into balance, Luke didn’t have any intention of rushing into teaching new students. His mindset had been patience and discovery. History. Knowledge. The very thing that Leia spoke of. He admired her strength and passion. Each passing day was another day lost in her mind when it came to learning more about her newfound power.

While she agreed to give him time, Luke could feel that she still preferred to begin sooner rather than later. The Jedi was silent with understanding as she spoke—arms calmly folded behind his back as he listened and carried on to every word that his sister said. The future for the New Republic was bright and it was a process that she would be heavily involved in. Luke on the other hand didn’t quite know where his place in the Galaxy would be. As of that moment, he was the last Jedi in the Galaxy. With Vader and the Emperor gone the Galaxy was balanced. Would training more Jedi change that balance and risk another Vader? A lesson he’d learned was to ignore fear. He knew better than to not trust her. That wasn’t why he wanted time.

“History is important in every sense, Leia,” Luke agreed. “I’m not hesitant to begin your training out of choice. The force has always been with you. Now that you’re willing to let it in, take the time to feel it. Reach out to it. You don’t need my guidance to get in touch with yourself if you already know it’s there,” a small, warm smile found his face as he took a step closer. “The New Republic is important. Now that there is balance in both the force, and the Galaxy—I need to discover my own history. The Jedi, because what there was before didn’t work. If we’re to build it anew, we need to do it right this time.” For all they knew, keeping Luke and the rest of the Jedi isolated away from politics was the best move for everyone; that’s why he needed more time.

“I can feel what you’ve been through, Leia. You’re strong and wise. Not for one second am I doubting your strength and the hardships you’ve been through,” Luke drew closer, hands unfolding from behind him. “I’m confident we can find true balance.”

Leia Organa | ty ek

Senator / Rebel Agent
Apollo
sheet
topics
ooc
send
She knew Luke was hesitating for the right reasons, but Leia had never been the sort of person to sit back and wait, to watch, to wonder. No, she'd always been the sort to know what the next step would be, and to take it, because hesitation was the root cause of so much distress in the galaxy. After all, if the Rebellion hadn't formed, if all those leaders hesitated... where would they be? Still under the heel of the Empire, crushed and decimated, quite likely.

It was difficult to stand there, to watch her brother pause, to think it over... when she was the sort to rush into action, in a heartbeat, once her mind was set. After all, hadn't she insisted on saving Han, when he was in the clutches of Jabba? The plan was instigated by her... because she wasn't willing to leave anyone in the cold, in danger. He might've been frozen in carbonite, and feeling no pain... but he'd been in danger and she knew it. This... was very different, yet all the dame.

Keeping Leia untrained could have dangerous consequences.

And this was why she let out a long-suffering sigh at her brother's expense. If anyone had any question about their relation to one another in this moment, that would have done it. They were siblings, and the looks on their faces were similar enough in that moment to show it, though his displayed calm and hers? Anything but. "So... you are hesitant. And don't blame the New Republic for this, Luke... when we both know it's your choice to cut yourself off from everyone. Yeah, I know you've been planning to go off somewhere and... I dunno what you'd call it, meditate?" She took a moment and sighed. "I know you need to, but I need to know who I am... and this... this power? It's a part of me, just as yours is a part of you," she added after a beat and turned away, her eyes going to the view outside the ship, watching as they sped towards their new destination.

She and Han were going to get away from things for a while, try to understand how they could balance married life against what she would need to do for the Republic. It would take time.

Just as it would take time to convince Luke. Maybe it was meant to be.

"Alright," she added after another moment, her head turning to look over her shoulder at her brother for his more calm look. Her own blood was high, but she wasn't about to press. Hadn't that been the downfall of other Jedi, from what her father once told her? That some weren't meant for it? She would have to think of that. "We will find balance together, but maybe if you need the time to find whatever it is within yourself to properly teach me... I can find the time to be patient. It's not easy," she added, a slow smile unfurling over her face, it looking cheekier than before. "But I guess it's the least I can do. Besides, Han and I deserve a real honeymoon... and that just might give you all the time you need."

Jedi
Kardia
sheet
topics
ooc
send

A Fresh Start
This was never supposed to be easy—with years to make up for between the two of them, Luke didn’t know where to properly start. He’d only confirmed Leia as his sister for a short time, but he felt more connected to her than anyone. She was the only true family he had left and he wanted to protect that with all of his being. The promise of Leia being patient and agreeing to the time he was asking for make it easier. From what he’d learned, a Jedi’s training wasn’t something to be rushed. He made the mistake of abandoning his training early to save his friends from Vader—in retrospect, Luke understood the flaws that came with that choice. In that moment he would have thrown his own safety away to save the people he cared about. This situation was different. Leia was family—the only other living Skywalker in the Galaxy.

She’d have the potential to be a great Jedi, but Luke [ihad[/i] to find it in himself to do it properly. If possible, he had to seek council with the spirits of the Force—simply to ensure that it was done properly. Luke was a Jedi, but he had much to learn if he was going to begin training a new generation of force users.

As the small smile began to unfold on Leia’s face his own spirit softened more. Externally he had been calm and patient—but there was a slight tint of concern that Leia wouldn’t understand his perspective. Now that she was more accepting of the idea he could discuss details further. He could feel the newfound sense of acceptance from his sister and it allowed Luke to connect with Leia further. At the mention of a honeymoon, Luke matched the smile that she offered and he approached her further. One more step, before commenting.

“It may be,” he followed with a nod. Han and Leia deserved a break away from the war that they’d pretty much won. There wasn’t much of the Empire left, and Luke felt comfortable enough to break away and further his Jedi training. “I truly am happy for the two of you, Leia. As you enjoy your time together, I’ll further my knowledge and training. When I return, I promise I’ll help you. You won’t be a stranger to the Force any longer,” it was warm and genuine—even if he was unsure of what would come with training her. “Does Han know you wish to be trained?” Luke was curious. In the Jedi of old, attachments were frowned upon; but he was confident in the fact that he proved attachments with a right mind to be good for a Jedi.

His love for his father had brought Anakin back, after all.

Leia Organa | ty ek

Senator / Rebel Agent
Apollo
sheet
topics
ooc
send
She had a feeling that Luke... was in for a rude awakening, sooner or later.

Yes, she might have given in, but anyone who knew Leia Organa well would likely be the first to weigh anything that she'd just said... because sitting by and doing nothing, once her mind was set, went against everything she knew and trusted. It wasn't just that she was being stubborn... but she knew that the longer she waited, the less time she would have for training, and for doing everything else she must undertake. After all, she knew Mon Mothma well; it was almost a certainty that she would be asked to serve in the Senate once more, once the New Republic reestablished itself, wherever that might be.

So the fact that her brother acted as though he had a long reprieve... was laughable.

Indeed, the more she looked at him, the more she knew he was so very trusting, and so different than she was. She was a woman of action, of getting her hands dirty, of doing what she needed to, so that others could survive. But in the moment, what she needed to do was let him take the time he needed, while she lived her life, being a wife to Han. It was less about being selfless... than being selfish. She and Han had never really had much chance to be alone since they rescued him from Jabba... and she needed this.

So... watching as Luke smiled, Leia turned back to him with a crooked smile of her own, just before she noticed him coming closer. One brow arching, she simply let him approach, her eyes level and calm on his face, just before what he said caused her to cock her head to the side a little. Sure, his understanding helped, but... well, he was about to get a taste of what it meant to promise something to Leia... and know she'll be counting down the hours.

"Alright," she began and then slowly smirked, arms crossed over her chest. "It's not going to be endless, our honeymoon... so don't go running off to the furthest reaches of the galaxy, thinking you've got unlimited, endless time," she told him and slowly smirked. "You know Han... after a week stuck in some place, he'll be climbing the walls, itching to get out," she reminded Luke. Hey, they both knew Han a little too well. Luke should realize that his time would be limited.

But it was Luke's question about her training, where Han was concerned, that made her stop and frown. "No, but it's something I'll discuss with him. Knowing him, he'll pooh-pooh the idea, but it's not going to change my mind," she reminded her brother, all the while her voice had a hint of steel to its edge. "You want balance to the Force, and you'll have it. If not with me, then someone will be trained. We all have faith in you."

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll